The Indiana Neurological Society
Indiana Medical History Museum
3270 Kirkbride Way
Indianapolis, IN 46222
The permanent address of the Indiana Neurological Society is the Indiana Medical History Museum in the Old Pathology Building on the grounds of the former Central State Hospital in Indianapolis. The building was the site of some of the earliest research in the field of neurology in the state.
The 1896 building includes three clinical laboratories and a photography laboratory to study and research the physical cause of mental disease.
In 1969, a group of physicians and citizens led by neurologist Dr. Charles Bonsett, Dr. John Keating, Dr. William Sholty, and Mrs. Dorothy White organized the non-profit corporation which opened the Museum to the public in 1971.